Monday, March 26, 2012

Out of town

On a recent trip to Amsterdam I found myself having the confidence to walk up to someone and ask if i could take a picture of their feet. Never have I seen anyone wear some wonders like these and especially not walking around a train station in Amsterdam. I watched this lady walk across the platform and I couldn't keep my eye of her confidence at wearing what could be described as a pair of cut out jelly shoes. I smiled when I heard they were designed by Vivienne Westwood.


On a visit to anywhere I always make it into a little adventure enticing everyone with cake at the end of the treasure hunt. Googling "amsterdam cake" is actually not appropriate bringing up the kind of coffee shops that simply dont sell cake and coffee! After searching "taart amsterdam" I stumbled on de Taart van m'n tante. A cafe filled with ecclectic table cloths and elaborate dummy cakes.
Causing my 5 year old trouble just to choose which table to sit at and which flavour to choose.

Rose choose Annemarie a vanilla cake sprinkled with strawberry puree and raspberry mouse and I choose carrot cake a different style to the American version but just as good. Definately a wonderful place to take a little girl with a lot of imagination.
What a wonderful day out with our eldest daughter. Am planning my next trip to check out more cake shops. Heres a momento of our day. This picture was taken by Rose. Not bad for a 5 year old. That's me and the hubbie on the far left.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:A hi speed train on my way home from Amsterdam

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mel. What a great day out in AMS. I've never been so brave to ask someone if I can take their photograph - I try to do it on the sly!

    ReplyDelete