Monday, March 19, 2012

Rule Britannia

Today a very nice neighbour gave me a gift. A plate from Queen Elizabeth II silver jubilee. It got me very excited as it's coming up to the diamond jubilee and even though I am a Brit abroad am hoping to be able to celebrate with a tea party and a good chin wag with my fellow patriots.

Which brings me to what cake makes a good tea party... And a royal one at that.
This one from The Cake Store might get a few heads turning so to speak! I think I will be sticking to something more simple such as lemon and raspberry cupcake with a lemon meringue topping.

So I wonder what Kate Middleton will be wearing on her feet for the occassion.
Recently a fashion student Becka Hunt won a competition to design shoes for the Duchess of Cambridge. Very fitting for Kate I think.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment