Monday, March 12, 2012

Pop pop poptastic

I made my first official cake pops this week. My first attempt ended in a big puddle of chocolate and a lot of sticky fingers. The problem when you start big is sometimes you do fail.
She looks happy though!
So i decided to start at the beginning with basic cake pops. Simple is sometimes better.
I started out making big sized cake pops which I realised on later inspection were too big. I rolled up the balls and put them in the freezer then dunked them in candy melts. Does that sound easy well it was!! And were super yummy.

Even the cake that i used for the cake balls had its own story. Made to be decorated for a birthday cake but midway through we had a power cut and the cake was left in the oven baking slowly without heat for an hour. When the power restored I just left it baking. After 2 days i went to trial the cake and tasted one of the most yummy cakes I have ever baked. So does this mean i lower my oven even lower and bake like a casserole!

My heels have been popped in the cupboard this week and i do miss them but sometimes its a necessity. An old war wound of childbirth reared its head this week after an outing to the gym. So much for trying to be healthy. It didn't matter as my new cowboy boots recently acquired in Texas still need broken in.

No comments:

Post a Comment